Engineering Ceramics Division: Best Paper and Poster AwardsDeadline for Nominations: at ICACC meeting each January
ECD Awards Rules for Best Paper and Best Poster Competition
- ECD selects Best Papers and Best Posters each year from the papers and posters that are presented at the Annual Daytona Beach Conference.
- The Best Paper Awards must be selected from the papers that are presented at the conference and submitted in the written paper format for the conference proceeding publications, and that are recommended or nominated for Best Paper award consideration by one of the Conference paper technical reviewers or an ECD member.
- Invited papers are not eligible for awards.
- The Best Poster Awards must be selected from the posters that are presented at the conference during the specified poster presentation period when the poster evaluation is performed.
- The Best Paper Award Selection Committee will consist of ECD Program Chair, and ECD Vice Program Chair (Chair-Elect), Proceeding Editor and Co-Editor,ECD Awards Committee Chair. Additional Award Selection Committee members may include the ECD awards committee members, and/or other technical reviewers.
- The Best Poster Award selection committee will consist of ECD Awards Committee Chair, and the Award Committee Members. Additional Award Selection Committee members may include ECD Program Chair, and other technical reviewers.
- The Best Paper Selection Committee will evaluate the recommended and/or nominated candidate papers using the criteria of “Originality”, “Quality and Thoroughness of Methods, Tests and Applications”, “Style”, “Technical/Scientific Strength”, and “Impact to the Ceramics Community” to select the Best Papers.
- The Best Poster Selection Committee will evaluate all eligible posters using the criteria of “Quality of Presentation”, “Quality and Thoroughness of Methods, Tests and Applications”, “Technical/Scientific Strength”, and “Impact to the Ceramics Community” to select the Best Posters.
- The Best Papers and Best Posters must be in the upper twenty percentile, based on the selection committee’s overall evaluations.
- The Best Paper Awards and Best Poster awards will consist of the first, second and third prizes. The cash awards for the first, second and third place prizes of each award category (the Best Paper or Best Poster) will be $500, $300 and $200, respectively. All winning authors will also receive award certificates.
- Honorable mentions will be made at the Awards Committee’s discretion.
- The identification of papers/poster specific evaluations will be destroyed after the ACerS Annual meeting.
Download Nomination Form Here
Download Past Winners Here