Samuel Geijsbeek PACRIM International AwardDeadline for Nominations: May 15, 2018
Award presentation: The Geijsbeek award will be presented at PACRIM 2019. Submit nominations by May 15, 2018.
About the award:
The Samuel Geijsbeek PACRIM International Award honors Samuel Geijsbeek, one of the founders of The American Ceramic Society, who died in 1943. He produced the first whiteware set west of the Mississippi, manufactured the first terra cotta in the Pacific Northwest (1907), and helped found the ACerS Pacific Northwest Section.
The award recognizes individuals who are members of the Pacific Rim Conference (PACRIM) societies, for their contributions in the field of ceramics and glass technology that have resulted in significant industrial and/or academic impact, international advocacy, and visibility of the field. Industrial candidates will be evaluated based on the technology development and commercialization, and the development’s current usefulness and importance, its uniqueness, and its economic significance.
The PACRIM societies are The American Ceramic Society, Ceramic Society of Japan, Korean Ceramic Society, Chinese Ceramic Society, and Australian Ceramic Society.
Two awards are given biennially at PACRIM conferences. Recipients will be chosen from different signatory societies in each selection cycle.
The Geijsbeek Awards consists of a certificate and $1,000 honorarium (USD). Recipients are required to be present at the award ceremony.
- Candidates have to be members of at least one of the PACRIM societies. Candidate must note in the nomination which PACRIM societies they belong to.
- Nominations must be made by someone who is a member of one of the PACRIM societies.
- Nominations should consist of a CV of no longer than 5 pages that highlights the candidate’s achievements, plus a one page nomination letter that describes the candidate’s contributions. CVs longer than 5 pages will not be accepted.
- Two additional letters from associates familiar with the candidate’s work may also be included in the nomination package, but they are not required. No more than two letters of support are permitted.
- No candidate shall be selected for this award posthumously.
- Nominations must be received at ACerS no later than 1 year prior to the next PACRIM meeting. The deadline to submit nominations for the 2019 awards is May 15, 2018. Send nominations electronically to Erica Zimmerman (email@example.com).
Nominations are eligible for four years (two PACRIM cycles). Unsuccessful nominations may be resubmitted after four years. Active nominations may be updated during the four years of eligibility, however the length limitations noted above must be met.
Download Nomination Form Here
Download Past Winners Here