Attention Undergraduate Students! Travel Grants Available for MS&T’10
Promoting undergraduate student involvement and participation in technical conferences through the incorporation of student-focused symposia and events will help to engage students as active participants and long-term leaders in the materials community. ACerS President’s Council of Student Advisors (PCSA) was awarded a grant from NSF recently. This NSF supported travel program will allow 20 undergraduate students to attend the MS&T’10 in Houston, Texas, October 17-21, 2010. The PCSA is seeking applicants who are specifically interested in ceramics and ceramic education and community outreach opportunities. All travel grant recipients are expected to attend the student-focused symposium series entitled, Student Career Development and K-12 Demo Exhibition, the ACerS Annual Awards and Honors Banquet and a special tour of NASA Johnson Space Center during MS&T. Here’s more information about eligibility and how to apply:
- U.S. citizenship
- Undergraduate student
- Material Advantage student member interested in ceramics
- Accepted oral talk or poster for the MS&T’10 meeting
- Maximum of two recipients per university
- 1-2 page resume
- Copy of accepted MS&T’10 oral or poster presentation abstract
- Statement of interest by the student about how they would benefit from attending MS&T’10 and the Student Career Development and K-12 Demo Exhibition.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member or research scientist who can describe the candidate’s leadership potential and their interest in educational and outreach opportunities.
- Submit nominations to Andrea Muller by September 14, 2010.
- Recipients will be notified by September 17, 2010 of acceptance.
Back to Previous Page