Going to ICACC 2018? Don’t miss these student and young professional events
Make sure to attend the student and young professional activities at the 42nd International Conference and Expo on Advanced Ceramics and Composites, January 21-26, 2018, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Student, Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN), and Young Professional Networking Mixer, January 22, 7:30 – 9 p.m.
- SCHOTT Glass Competition (organized by ACerS PCSA), January 23, 6:45 – 8 p.m.
- Student and Young Professional Lunch and Talk: “Publishing in American Ceramic Society Journals: Writing for Search Engine Optimization and Self Marketing,” on Wednesday, January 24, 12:00 to 1:15 p.m.
- Stay Connected During ICACC’18: Connect with other students and young professionals attending ICACC’18 by joining the ICACC’18 Facebook group. Search “ICACC 2018 (ACerS International Conference on Advanced Ceramics & Composite” on Facebook or follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/342128456161641/. The Facebook page provides an opportunity for students and young professionals to find roommates, if needed, a list of interesting technical talks happening at the conference, or social planning during the conference.
- 7th Global Young Investigator Forum: This is a special symposium for young researchers, and you are welcome to attend all sessions from Monday afternoon, January 22, through Wednesday morning, January 24. http://ceramics.org/7th-global-young-investigator-forum
- NEW competition at ICACC18: The Student and Industry Failure Trials (SIFT) Competition: The Student and Industry Failure Trials, or SIFT, is a new competition on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the exhibit show floor. The new competition will challenge teams of students, industry professionals, and academics to analyze a ceramic material which has failed in an industrial setting and identify the failure mechanism. Read more…
For more information about ICACC18 and to register, visit the ICACC18 website.
Back to Previous Page