Lewis C. Hoffman Scholarship
Nomination Deadline: July 31, 2013
The Electronics Division invites applications for the Lewis C. Hoffman Scholarship. The purpose of the $2000 tuition award is to encourage academic interest and excellence among undergraduate students in the area of ceramics/materials science and engineering.
The award will be given to a junior-year student, or a student who has recently completed his or her junior year; i.e. a student who has acquired a total of 70 or more semester credits or equivalent quarter credits at the time of the award (October 2013).
The winner will be selected based on:
- Total GPA, Science GPA (to be verified in faculty recommendation letter)
- PSAT/SAT/ACT scores, if available
- Recommendation letter from a faculty member in the department
- Extracurricular activities
- A 500-word essay on the topic: “Coupled properties for multi-functional electroceramics”
Presentation of a plaque and scholarship check will take place during the Electronics Division business meeting in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in October 2013.
All nominations should be electronically submitted in full no later than July 31, 2013 to:
Dr. Geoffrey L. Brennecka
Sandia National Laboratories
PO Box 5800
Albuquerque, NM 87185-1411
Nominations should also be sent to Marcia Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org.