PCSA Delegates and Representatives are required to serve on one of the five committees for a period of one year, beginning at the annual meeting.
- Programming: The Programming Committee organizes any official PCSA-sponsored programs, such as activities associated with ACerS meetings and other activities or services that the PCSA provides to/for the students and professionals of the ceramics community. Sample activities include student mixers, panel discussions, competitions, and other student-focused programming at ACerS meetings.
- Finance: The Finance Committee is in charge of raising funds for PCSA activities. The committee prepares a funding strategy and seeks funding opportunities to financially support the goals of the PCSA, including both PCSA operational costs and the funding of PCSA programming and outreach activities. Finance committee duties include creating a budget for the PCSA year, composing the funding request letter sent to potential PCSA sponsors , making calls to potential donors, and sending thank you letters to donors.
- Communications: The Communications Committee is responsible for submitting student focused content to the ACerS Bulletin as well as organizing student-written articles for the annual student edition of the ACerS Bulletin for June/July. The committee is also responsible for using social media and other avenues for marketing of science kits and increasing the visibility of ceramics and materials science.
- Recruitment: The Recruitment Committee is responsible for preparing a strategy for PCSA delegate recruitment which includes actively soliciting participation from all universities. The Recruitment Committee also prepares and sends delegate application packages.
- Outreach: The goal of the Outreach Committee is to increase the visibility of materials science and especially ceramic sciences throughout national and international classrooms and students at-large. The committee is responsible for designing, implementing, and distributing science learning and demonstration kits.
Contact any one of the 2014-15 officers below for more information:
Council Chair: Jessica Rimsza, University of North Texas
Programming Committee Chair: Megan Wilson, University of Virginia
Outreach Committee Chair: Brian Donovan, University of Virginia