B2. Advanced Additive Manufacturing Technologies for Bio-applications; Materials, Processes, and Systems
Additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing, is a process by which a three-dimensional body is built through point, line or planar deposition of material. Recent advancements in additive manufacturing technologies have attracted a lot of attention to their application to a variety of bio-medical components and devices, because of the unique capability of fabricating complex or heterogeneous structures and custom-made parts.
This symposium intends to address and discuss the latest achievements, trends, issues, challenges, and opportunities on additive manufacturing and related technologies of ceramics and other materials for bio-applications that are critically needed for future medical technologies. We are hopeful that this symposium will provide an excellent forum to share ideas and visions on these technologies and grow interaction and friendship among participants from academe and industry over the world. We invite all of you to take advantage of the opportunity to visit the great city of Toronto and actively participate in this symposium.
Proposed Session Topics:
- Materials for ceramic additive manufacturing
- Novel processes for additive manufacturing for bio-applications
- Additive manufacturing systems for ceramics and other materials: Stereolithography, fused deposition modeling, powder bed fusion process, inkjet printing, selective laser sintering and emerging additive manufacturing technologies
- Multi-material additive manufacturing technologies
- 3D printed ceramics devices with bio-applications: Orthopedic, maxillofacial, dental, etc.
- Hui-suk Yun, Korea Institute of Materials Science (KIMS), Korea, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moritz Tassilo, Fraunhofer-IKTS, Germany
- Soshu Kirihara, Osaka University, Japan
- Julian R. Jones, Imperial College London, UK
- Richard Gaignon, 3Dceram, France
- Cho-Pei Jiang, National Formosa University, Taiwan
- Grace Zhang, George Washington University, USA