Corning demonstrates glass-strength testing methods with Gorilla GlassPublished on April 19th, 2012 | By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit: Corning Inc.
Corning has a new video up showing some of its testing methods. The video is clearly aimed at a broad audience and promoting Gorilla Glass, so don’t expect to see a lot of details and technical explanation. But the video offers brief demonstrations of how GG compares with competing products and ordinary glass using:
- A ball drop test (128 gram and 535 gram steel balls dropped from a one meter height);
- Abraded ring-on-ring test on 1.0 mm and 0.8 mm glass;
- Vickers microindentation test;
- A three-point flexibility test on 0.7 mm glass;
- Knoop indenter microindentation hardness test; and
- A ball launch.
Back to Previous Page