Application Deadline is April 1
This $3,000 scholarship, established by the late Reldon Cooper, co-founder of Du-Co Ceramics, is awarded to an undergraduate student pursing a degree in ceramic science, ceramic engineering, materials science, materials engineering or any combination of these degrees. Visit the Du-Co website to view photos from the announcement event, which was held at MS&T 2012.
The winner will receive a scholarship check in the amount of $3,000, a certificate of recognition and a $500 travel grant to attend the meeting to receive their award.
Criteria for the Award Includes:
- US Citizen
- Undergrad enrolled full-time pursuing a degree in ceramic or materials related science
- Is a sophomore or junior at the time of applying
- Is a member of ACerS (Material Advantage or other ACerS category)
- Has at least one recommendation from a professor or faculty advisor
- Personal statement on why applicant is pursuing a degree in chosen field
- Involvement in ACerS activities, particularly the President’s Council of Student Advisors (PCSA)
- Application form and support documents must be received by April 1
Senior Manager, Member Services
The American Ceramic Society
600 N. Cleveland Ave., Ste. 210
Westerville, OH 43082