Carlton HoguePublished on June 10th, 2009 | Edited by: Peter Wray
ACerS recently learned that Society Member Carlton Hogue passed away on April 24, 2008, in Mesquite, Texas.
Hogue served with the 52nd Fighter Group, 2nd Squadron also known as
The American Beagle Squadron, of the United States Army Air Force
during World War II in North Africa, Italy, and Great Britain. Throughout his life, he maintained strong ties with his fellow veterans
and authored the alumni association’s newsletter for many years.
discharge from the Army, Hogue attended the University of Wisconsin,
studying engineering. In 1946, he was hired by Kimberly-Clark Corp.
where he was instrumental in the research and development of an
additive used in brick manufacturing. The additive continues to be a
brand leader sixty years later – Additive A.
During his professional career, he proved to be an energetic
proponent of the ceramic manufacturing community, joining the American
Ceramic Society in 1960. He was a member of the Southwest Section of
the Society, serving as its chairman, counselor and
secretary-treasurer. Not only did he promote membership and meetings
and author the Section’s newsletter, he also was a tireless booster of
the Southwest Section Scholarship Fund. As an enthusiastic advocate of
the Section Companions Programs, he established the Carl and Barbara
Hogue Southwest Section First-Lady Award. Hogue was an ACerS Fellow
and a two-time recipient of the Southwest Section’s Harry E. Ebright
Back to Previous Page