Structural Clay 2011 Archive
42 attendees took part in the 2011 Structural Clay Products Division Spring Meeting in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, May 2-4, 2011. The 3-day event included a Welcome Reception, plant tours to Redland Brick’s Rocky Ridge and Watsontown Brick plants, informative talks, and a Suppliers’ Mixer. Seven of the presentations from the technical program that was chaired by James Hopkins of Swindell Dressler are available for download.
Stay connected to the Structural Clay Division at their Division homepage.
- Harold Newman, Pine Hall Brick Company, “The Effects of Variable Extrusion Moisture on the Extrusion, Drying, and Firing Properties of a Shale Body Mix and How Extrusion Aids can Affect the Properties”
- Brad Cobbledick, Brampton Brick, “Layered Process Audits: How to Improve Quality from the Ground Up”
- Jonathan Livingston, General Shale Brick, “Operating a Lab in a Down Economy”
- Paul Palkovic, Hauck Manufacturing, “Pulse Firing Basics”
- Garth Tayler and Bill Daidone, Acme Brick, “The Use of Bottom Ash in the Manufacture of Clay Face Brick”
- Enrico Cantoni, SMAC S.p.A., “Use of Application Equipment to Control Product Reproducibility and Reduce Engobe and Coating Waste”
- John Sanders, The National Brick Research Center at Clemson University, “Capillarity, A New Way to Report IRA”
Review Photos from Structural Clay 2011
[slideshow_acers id=’41’ headline=’Candids from Structural Clay 2011′ class=’subpage-style’]