Kick-start your materials career through involvement in ACerS student activities
Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate-level student, or a recent graduate, there’s room for you to grow and explore your materials interests with ACerS. Our student programs and activities are designed specifically to address your current and future leadership and career development needs.
The premier student membership for full-time undergraduate students is the Material Advantage Student Program. Material Advantage provides membership for only $30 per year with benefits and access to the following prominent materials science and engineering societies. Join Material Advantage today!
- ACerS – The American Ceramic Society
- AIST – Association for Iron & Steel Technology
- ASM International – The Materials Information Society
- TMS – The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society
Are you a graduate student? You’ve made the decision to further your education by obtaining a masters or Ph.D.—a decision that requires extensive research in a specialized area of interest. If that interest includes ceramics or glass, ACerS Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN) is your first stop on the path toward post-graduate success. GGRN is a new ACerS membership that targets and engages graduate-level students who have a primary interest in ceramics and glass.
Join GGRN and enjoy access to ACerS invaluable information, expertise, and programming resources as well as a network of graduate-level students, just like yourself, who are looking for a place to call their professional home.
Are you a recent graduate? ACerS can help you succeed by offering you a FREE Associate Membership for the first year following completion of your terminal degree. By becoming an ACerS Associate Member, you’ll have access to valuable resources that will benefit you now and throughout your career.
- Read Journal of the American Ceramic Society
- Read Int’l Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology
- Read Int’l Journal of Applied Glass Science
- Read ACerS Bulletin
- Read ceramicSOURCE
- Read ACerS Spotlight newsletter
- Sign up for Ceramic Tech Today
- Present a paper at our meetings
- Search the membership directory
|Career development and mentoring|
Get involved in PCSA. Do you have a keen interest in ceramics and strong leadership qualities? If so, help shape the future of the ceramics profession by getting involved in ACerS President’s Council of Student Advisors (PCSA). The PCSA is a student-led committee whose mission is to engage students as active and long-term leaders in the ceramics community and to increase participation in ACerS at the local, national, and international levels.
Click here to learn more about the PCSA’s goals and future plans.
Other opportunities for career development and mentoring:
- Register for Ceramic Materials Courses
- Register for Ceramic Materials Webinars
- Register for ACerS meetings
|Networking and new opportunities|
- ACerS Career Center (create a professional profile, upload resume)
- National Institute of Ceramic Engineers (NICE)