ACerS-NIST Phase Equilibria Diagrams CD-ROM Database Version 3.4 contains approximately 24,800 phase diagrams and offers full commentary text display in addition to diagram display. The new release includes 892 new figures, approximately 1400 new phase diagrams and provides experimental and calculated data for an unprecedented range of non-organic material-types. Version 3.4 includes over 3,900 electronic-only diagrams published since 2008 as well as the information previously printed in the 21-volume book series. Order a free Demo & Cumulative Index CD from ACerS that features 202 figures from Annual 1992 and 11 diagrams from Volume 15 to test drive the features. Select your user license below to order online or contact ACerS Customer Service at 1-866-721-3322 or 240-646-7054 to order by phone.
The new content includes:
- Phosphates - batteries, laser and other optoelectronic materials
- Chalcogenides - semiconducting sulfides, selenides and tellurides for thermoelectrics, optoelectronics, photovoltaics
- Pnictide systems - nitrides, phosphides, arsenides, bismuthides, and antimonides for bandgap-engineered optical materials, electron-transport devices, sensors, detectors, photovoltaics, thermoelectrics
- Actinides - (U, Pu, Th) and actinide-surrogates (Ce)
- Oxide and mixed systems with oxides - electrode processing, catalysis, electroceramics, magneto-resistors, thermistors, capacitors, nuclear fuel and nuclear waste, ionic conductors, fuel-cell electrolytes
- Oxycation systems - molybdates and vanadates
- Semiconductors - Si, Ge, Sn
- Group 3 systems - B, Al, Ga, In, Tl
- Salts - including mixed systems with salts
|ACerS Update Policy|
To keep up-to-date with the most current available content, CD owners must purchase the annual updates.
- Version 3.3 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 3.4 for $250
- Version 3.2 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 3.4 for $500
- Version 3.1 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 3.4 for $750
- Version 3.3 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 3.4 for $425
- Version 3.2 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 3.4 for $850
- Version 3.1 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 3.4 for $1,275
Contact ACerS Customer Service at 1-866-721-3322 or (240) 646-7054 to order. ACerS-NIST strives to provide new content every year. Customers who purchase Phase 3.3 after October 1, 2011 will automatically receive a free update to Phase 3.4.
- Microsoft Windows 98, ME, NT 4.0, Windows 2000, XP or Server 2003
- Although the database is developed to run on Microsoft Windows XP, users have been able to run the database successfully on Microsoft Vista and Windows 7
- 450 MB available hard-disk space
- Internet Explorer 5, 6, or 7 to enable full utilization of the Help files (installation of the latest service packs is recommended)
- CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM)
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors (true-color 32 bit is required for full utilization of lever-rule and curve-follow functions)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for viewing .pdf files
Phase diagrams are pertinent to a wide variety of applications including optics, non-linear optics, luminophores, advanced composites, nuclear fission/fusion, radioactive waste, catalysis, batteries, alloy-property tailoring, coatings (thermal/electrical/structural/corrosion), thermoelectrics, ionizing radiation detectors, dyes, corrosion inhibitors, heat insulators, chemical processing, metallurgical processing, cement, glass-ceramic technology, energy storage (thermoaccumulators), infrared and laser technologies, memory cells, gas sensors, electrical and magnetic switches, varistors, thermistors, electrical conductors, ionic conductors, solid-oxide fuel cells, separation membranes, semiconductor technology, microelectronics, optically-transparent conducting oxides, photoelectrics, ferroelectrics, piezoelectrics (including lead-free), gate dielectrics, magnetoelectrics, and holographic information storage.