Phase Equilibria Diagrams PC Database, Version 4.0
Enhance your research with the new browser-based ACerS-NIST Phase Equilibria Diagrams Database, Version 4.0
Version 4.0 includes 25,000 phase diagrams with commentary text, 1000 new phase diagrams and 637 new figures, and 5000 electronic-only diagrams for ceramic and inorganic systems. The new browser-based interface includes help icons at each user-input location and offers keyword searches on critical evaluations to associate systems with applications.
“The system is easy to use and indispensable for anyone working in ceramics”
Check out the system requirements and installations instructions for the PC database then order online or contact ACerS Customer Service at 1-866-721-3322 or 240-646-7054 to order by phone.
|Phase diagram applications|
Use phase diagrams when experimenting or researching thermal-barrier coatings, nuclear reactors, photovoltaics, pigments, fuel cells, catalysts, capacitors, transducers, thermoluminescence, molten-salt batteries, photovoltaics, electrolytic refining, and more.
New phase diagram CD content includes:
Oxide and mixed systems with oxides – electrode processing, catalysis, electroceramics, magneto-resistors, thermistors, capacitors, nuclear fuel and nuclear waste, ionic conductors, fuel-cell electrolytes
Chalcogenides – semiconducting sulfides, selenides and tellurides for thermoelectrics, optoelectronics, photovoltaics
Pnictide systems – nitrides, phosphides, arsenides, bismuthides, and antimonides for bandgap-engineered optical materials, electron-transport devices, sensors, detectors, photovoltaics, thermoelectrics
Actinides – (U, Pu, Th)
Actinide-surrogates – (Ce)
Oxycation systems – molybdates and vanadates
Semiconductors – Si, Ge, Sn
Group 3 systems – B, Al, Ga, In, Tl
Salts – including mixed systems with salts
|Security update for 4.0 owners|
Version 4.0 utilizes Java for the diagram viewer functionality. The security certificate has recently expired, which will prevent you from viewing diagrams. We apologize for this inconvenience as we work through unanticipated issues encountered with this first release of the all-new PED software. A one-time fix will easily remedy this situation and restore full functionality, but please let us know if you still have trouble viewing. Here’s how to update the Java certificate:
- Open Java Configuration
- Select the Security tab
- Click the “Edit Site List…” button. Click the “Add” button and type the following web address, then click OK: http://localhost:7000
- It will tell you that it isn’t a good idea. Do it anyway. There is no risk to your computer.
- Click the “OK” button in the Java Control Panel
If you’re having trouble, visit this site for detailed instructions and screen shots.
|ACerS update policy|
To keep up-to-date with the most current content, previous version owners must purchase the annual update. Contact ACerS Customer Service at 1-866-721-3322 or 1-240-646-7054 to verify update eligibility and to order.
- Version 3.4 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $250
- Version 3.3 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $500
- Version 3.2 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $750
- Version 3.4 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $425
- Version 3.3 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $850
- Version 3.2 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $1275