Phase Equilibria Diagrams PC Database, Version 4.0
Enhance your research with the new browser-based
ACerS-NIST Phase Equilibria Diagrams Database Version 4.0
The most comprehensive collection of phase diagrams for ceramic and inorganic systems, Version 4.0 includes:
- 25,000 phase diagrams with full commentary text display
- 637 new figures
- 1000 new phase diagrams
- over 5,000 electronic-only diagrams published since 2008
Phase Version 4.0 features all-new software. The interface is browser-based and includes help icons at each user-input location. Users are now able to perform keyword searches on the critical evaluations of all entries, allowing them to associate material systems with potential applications mentioned in the text. Download the free Phase Demo & Cumulative Index from ACerS that features 202 figures from Annual 1992 and 11 diagrams from Volume 15 to test drive the features. Select your user license below to order online or contact ACerS Customer Service at 1-866-721-3322 or 240-646-7054 to order by phone.
The new content includes:
Oxide and mixed systems with oxides – electrode processing, catalysis, electroceramics, magneto-resistors, thermistors, capacitors, nuclear fuel and nuclear waste, ionic conductors, fuel-cell electrolytes
Chalcogenides – semiconducting sulfides, selenides and tellurides for thermoelectrics, optoelectronics, photovoltaics
Pnictide systems – nitrides, phosphides, arsenides, bismuthides, and antimonides for bandgap-engineered optical materials, electron-transport devices, sensors, detectors, photovoltaics, thermoelectrics
Actinides – (U, Pu, Th)
Actinide-surrogates – (Ce)
Oxycation systems – molybdates and vanadates
Semiconductors – Si, Ge, Sn
Group 3 systems – B, Al, Ga, In, Tl
Salts – including mixed systems with salts
|Phase Diagram Applications|
Phase diagrams are pertinent to a wide variety of applications including optoelectronics, thermal-barrier coatings, sensors, energy converters, nuclear waste reprocessing, nuclear reactors, photovoltaics, pigments, fuel cells, catalysts, thermoelectrics, capacitors, transducers, thermoluminescence, molten-salt batteries, photovoltaics, electrolytic refining, and semiconductor manufacturing. The new figures are labeled as Volume 18 in this release.
- Microsoft Windows XP or new (Windows 7 is recommended)
- Minimum hard disk storage available: 4GB
- Minimum CPU: Intel Core2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2 or better (dual core 1.867GHz or faster)
- Minimum RAM: 2GB
- Minimum Screen Resolution: SXGA (1280×1024)
- Java 7 Runtime Environment
- An application capable of rendering Microsoft RichText files, such as Microsoft Word or Apache OpenOffice Writer.
- An application capable of rendering Adobe Portable Document Format files (.pdf), such as Adobe Reader or Foxit PDF Reader.
- Review the dependencies listed above and be sure that you have them installed
- For the fastest display of diagrams, after installing Java, switch to direct network connections by doing following:
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- In the “search control panel” box, type “java” and hit return.
- Click on the Java icon.
- In the “General” tab select “Network Settings…”.
- Select the “Direct Connection” button.
- Click “OK” on the Network Settings tab.
- Click “Apply” on the General tab.
- Insert the DVD or CD on which the application was distributed into your optical drive. The installer should begin automatically.
- Start the application by navigating to ACerS – NIST > Phase Equilibria Diagrams Database Version 4.0 in from the Start menu.
|ACerS Update Policy|
To keep up-to-date with the most current available content, previous version owners must purchase the annual update.
- Version 3.4 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $250
- Version 3.3 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $500
- Version 3.2 Single User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $750
- Version 3.4 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $425
- Version 3.3 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $850
- Version 3.2 Multiple User License owners may upgrade to Version 4.0 for $1275
Contact ACerS Customer Service at 1-866-721-3322 or (240) 646-7054 to verify update eligibility and to order.