2016 SCPD-NBRC Meeting
2016 SCPD-NBRC Meeting
May 2-4, 2016
Embassy Suites, North Canton, Ohio
The technical session, located in Ballroom III, include the following presentations:
- The brick MACT – What are we doing to fix it? – Susan J. Miller, Brick Industry Association and Garth Tayler, Acme Brick
- Raw material testing for MACT and SDSs – Susan Miller, Brick Industry Association and John Sanders, National Brick Research Center at Clemson University
- Don’t forget about silica – Susan Miller, Brick Industry Association and Garth Tayler, Acme Bricks
- Update on recent changes to PCI specification for thin brick – Mike Walker, National Brick Research Center at Clemson University
Carbonate ceramics – A disruptive technology for the brick industry – Richard Riman, Rutgers University
Pigments manufacturing and flow characteristics – Don Abernathy, Huntsman Pigments–Davis Colors
Update on facade panel and thin brick production – Don Denison, Denison, Inc.
- Overview of Belden Brick – Robert F. Belden, The Belden Brick Company
|Schedule of Events|
Monday, May 2
Registration: Noon – 7:00 p.m.
SCPD technical program (Ballroom III): 2 – 5:00 p.m.
Welcome reception: 5 – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 3
Bus departs at 9:00 a.m. – Embassy Suites, 7883 Freedom Avenue NW, North Canton, OH
Plant tour – The Belden Brick Co (Plants 4 & 8).: 10:00 a.m. – Noon – Sugarcreek, OH
Lunch provided by The Belden Brick Co.: Noon – 1:00 p.m.
The Belden Brick Co. tour continued (Plants 2 & 3): 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Suppliers mixer: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Embassy Suites, North Canton, OH
Wednesday, May 4
NBRC management subcommittee group: 7 – 8:30 a.m.
(by invitation only)
NBRC member meeting (Ballroom III): 9:00 a.m. – Noon
(open to all NBRC members)
ACerS would like to thank these 2016 SCPD welcome reception & suppliers mixer sponsors:
|J. C. Steele & Sons, Inc.|
|LignoTech USA, Inc|
Diversified Ceramic Services, Inc.
|Prince Minerals, Inc.|
|Reymond Products International, Inc.|
|Signode Packaging Systems|
|STAR Engineering, Inc.|
Division Chair: Bill Daidone, Acme Brick Technical Center
Chair Elect: John Hewitt, Interstate Brick Company
Secretary: John Dowdle, Prince Minerals, Inc.
John Hewitt, Bill Daidone, and John Dowdle at the 2015 SCPD-NBRC meeting