Make sure to attend the student and young professional activities at the 42nd International Conference and Expo on Advanced Ceramics and Composites, January 21-26, 2018, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Student, Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN), and Young Professional Networking Mixer, January 22, 7:30 – 9 p.m.
- SCHOTT Glass Competition (organized by ACerS PCSA), January 23, 6:45 – 8 p.m.
- Student and Young Professional Lunch and Talk: “Publishing in American Ceramic Society Journals: Writing for Search Engine Optimization and Self Marketing,” on Wednesday, January 24, 12:00 to 1:15 p.m.
- Stay Connected During ICACC’18: Connect with other students and young professionals attending ICACC’18 by joining the ICACC’18 Facebook group. Search “ICACC 2018 (ACerS International Conference on Advanced Ceramics & Composite” on Facebook or follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/342128456161641/. The Facebook page provides an opportunity for students and young professionals to find roommates, if needed, a list of interesting technical talks happening at the conference, or social planning during the conference.
- 7th Global Young Investigator Forum: This is a special symposium for young researchers, and you are welcome to attend all sessions from Monday afternoon, January 22, through Wednesday morning, January 24. https://ceramics.org/7th-global-young-investigator-forum
- NEW competition at ICACC18: The Student and Industry Failure Trials (SIFT) Competition: The Student and Industry Failure Trials, or SIFT, is a new competition on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the exhibit show floor. The new competition will challenge teams of students, industry professionals, and academics to analyze a ceramic material which has failed in an industrial setting and identify the failure mechanism. Read more…
For more information about ICACC18 and to register, visit the ICACC18 website.