Nominations for the ACerS 2019 Class of Fellows should be submitted by August 30, 2018 for award presentation at MS&T 2019. Fellows should be “persons of good reputation who have reached their 35th birthday and who have been members of the Society for at least the past five years continuously at the established nomination deadline date. They shall prove qualified for elevation to the grade of Fellow by reason of outstanding contributions to the ceramic arts or sciences; through broad and productive scholarship in ceramic science and technology, by conspicuous achievement in ceramic industry or by outstanding service to the Society.”
Helpful hints for preparing a Fellows nomination:
– The nominee, and all seven of the required sponsors, must be active members of ACerS.
– The 3 page length restriction for Fellows nominations is strictly enforced. Longer nominations will be returned to the lead sponsor. No exceptions.
– One page letters of support from up to 3 (three) additional sponsors may be submitted.
– If you are not sure if someone has already been elevated to Fellow, review the Fellows Recipient List.
– If you think someone might already have an active nomination but are not sure, Erica Zimmerman can check the nominee list for you.
– Faxed, scanned, photocopied, and electronic signatures are all acceptable in lieu of an original signature. Signatures do not need to be on one form, and may be sent on individual forms.
-A nomination may be considered by no more than four consecutive Panels of Fellows. The nominee must remain an active member throughout this time.
– If someone has an active nomination and if the nominee has had additional accomplishments since the time the nomination was first submitted, sponsors may send an update for consideration. The update must meet the length restrictions.
Contact Erica Zimmerman at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Fellows nomination process. Nominations or letters of support received after August 30th will not be accepted and will be held until the following year.