PCSA Delegates are required to serve on one of the six committees for a period of one year, beginning at the annual meeting.
- Programming: The Programming Committee organizes any official PCSA-sponsored programs, such as activities associated with ACerS meetings and other activities or services that the PCSA provides to/for the students and professionals of the ceramics community. Sample activities include student mixers, panel discussions, competitions, and other student-focused programming at ACerS meetings.
- Finance: The Finance Committee ensures that the PCSA has funding to conduct all of its activities. Finance committee duties include working with the Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation (CGIF) and individual donors as well as the other PCSA committees to develop the annual PCSA budget.
- Communications: The Communications Committee is responsible for submitting student-focused content to the ACerS Bulletin as well as organizing student-written articles for the annual student edition of the ACerS Bulletin for June/July. The committee is also responsible for using social media and other avenues for marketing of science kits and increasing the visibility of ceramic, and glass materials science.
- Recruitment: The Recruitment Committee is responsible for preparing a strategy for PCSA delegate recruitment which includes actively soliciting participation from all universities. The Recruitment Committee also prepares and sends delegate application packages.
- Outreach: The goal of the Outreach Committee is to increase the visibility of ceramic and glass science throughout national and international classrooms and students at-large.
- External Partnerships: Due to the constant growth of the PCSA each year, a 6th committee was added in 2016 to help each committee be effective and to stay at a workable size. The goal of the External Partnerships Committee (EPC) is to bridge the gap between the PCSA and other materials science related organizations and groups both nation and worldwide. The EPC acts as a liaison to these global organizations and helps to collaborate with them on programming and outreach events.
Contact any one of the 2016-17 officers below for more information:
2017-18 Chair: Ashley Hilmas, University of Michigan
Programming Committee Chair: Archana Loganathan, Florida International University
Finance Committee Chair: Jamie Curtis, Georgia Institute of Technology
Finance Committee Vice Chair: Jacob Ivy, Colorado School of Mines
Communications Committee Chair: Rachel Sherbondy, Colorado School of Mines
Recruitment Committee Chair: Jacob Zorn, Pennsylvania State University
Outreach Committee Co-Chairs: Scott McCormack, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Matthew Porter, University of Birmingham
External Partnerships Committee Chair: Victoria Christensen, Pennsylvania State University