Concerned about the spread of the Coronavirus? The American Ceramic Society is committed to our meetings proceeding safely and successfully. Here is a reminder of some precautions you can take as an attendee: (General guidelines provided by World Health Organization and the U.S. Center for Disease Control for the spread of the COVID-19 virus):
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially
after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose,
coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- If you have a cough of any kind, please wear a facemask. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
If you have a fever and cough prior to travel, please do not attend an ACerS meeting. Contact our customer service for information on our meetings cancellation policy (email@example.com).
If you become ill while at the event with a fever and cough, please let ACerS Meetings Director Andrea Ross (614-794-5820) know immediately.
If you have symptoms suggestive of acute respiratory illness before, during or after travel, you should additionally seek medical attention and share your travel history with your healthcare provider.