Concerned about the spread of the Coronavirus? The American Ceramic Society is committed to our meetings proceeding safely and successfully. Here is a reminder of some precautions you can take as an attendee: (General guidelines provided by World Health Organization and the U.S. Center for Disease Control for the spread of the COVID-19 virus):
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
If you have a fever and cough prior to travel, please do not attend an ACerS meeting. Contact our customer service for information on our meetings cancellation policy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you become ill while at the event with a fever and cough, please contact ACerS Meetings Director Andrea Ross (614-794-5820) immediately.
If you have symptoms suggestive of acute respiratory illness before, during or after travel, you should additionally seek medical attention and share your travel history with your healthcare provider.