The Basic Science Division Early Discovery Award recognizes an early career member of ACerS who has demonstrated a contribution to basic science in the field of glass and ceramics.
The winner will receive an ACerS Lifetime membership, certificate of recognition, and an article recognizing their achievements in the ACerS Bulletin.
Criteria for the Award:
- Nominee must be an ACerS member and member of Basic Science Division at time of nomination
- Nominee must be within 10 years of receiving his/her/their terminal degree
- Nomination to be made by an active ACerS member using the nomination form that describes contribution to basic science
- Application and materials must be received by January 15th
- Nominations will be considered for a total of 5 years, assuming the candidate still meets the eligibility requirements noted above
The nomination form must be submitted by January 15th of each year via email to:
Erica Zimmerman, ACerS Division Liaison email@example.com
Yiquan Wu, Basic Science Division 2021-2022 Chair firstname.lastname@example.org