The Unified International Technical Conference on Refractories (UNITECR) is a biennial international conference that contributes to the progress and exchange of industrial knowledge and technologies concerning refractories. Refractory organizations from around the world will collaborate on the biennial conference planned for Sept. 14-17, 2021, in Chicago, Ill.
The organization of UNITECR was established in 1987 in Tokyo by the founding members. The official governing body is the UNITECR International Executive Board (IEB), composed of representatives of the Founding Member Organizations, the Principal Member Organizations, and certain individuals elected to the IEB as Distinguished Life Members (view full list). The IEB is an international non-profit organization existing to contribute to the progress and exchange of industrial knowledge and technologies concerning refractories according to its official bylaws.
- The American Ceramic Society (ACerS).
- The Technical Association of Refractories, Japan (TARJ).
- German Refractories Association (GRA).
- Association Latinoamericana de Fabricantes de Refractarios (ALAFAR).
- Chinese Ceramic Society (CCS)
- Indian Refractory Makers Association (IRMA)
- Fédération Européenne des Fabricants de Produits Réfractaires (PRE)
The IEB of UNITECR has sanctioned worldwide congresses in the following locations.
|UNITECR 1993||ALAFAR||Sao Paulo/Brazil|
|UNITECR 1997||ACerS||New Orleans/USA|
|UNITECR 2005||ACerS||Orlando/ USA|
|UNITECR 2007||GRA||Dresden/ Germany|
|UNITECR 2009||ALAFAR||Salvador/ Brazil|