Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ACerS.
One of the best ways to get connected is by volunteering. If you’re wondering what opportunities might be available, or have questions as a prospective volunteer, please review the tools below. Please note that, for the most part, volunteering does require that you be a member of ACerS.
These tools have been designed to educate prospective volunteers, answer frequently asked questions and describe available opportunities.
- Committee Descriptions
- Committee Rosters
- ACerS Constitution
- ACerS Financial Overview
- Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Key Priorities
- Strategic Plan
- Whistleblower Policy
- Division Dues Rollover Policy
- Basic Rules of Parliamentary Procedure
- FAQ for Volunteer Leaders
- Tips for Successful Volunteer Leadership
Ways to get involved
- Teach a short course
- Organize a technical meeting
- Present a webinar
- Write a ceramic materials book
- Write a Bulletin article
- Moderate an online forum
- Develop content for the web or e-newsletter
- Volunteer for a committee
- Recruit new members
- Participate in Young Professionals Program
- Work with student members
- Help at the Annual Meeting
- Join your division, class, or section leadership
- Nomination Form – President-elect
- Nomination Form – Board of Directors
- Nomination Form – Committees
Read testimonials from some of ACerS most dedicated volunteers.
We encourage you to get involved!
Once you’ve decided how you’d like to volunteer, complete the volunteer interest form below.