T4S6: Multifunctional Coatings for Energy and Environmental Applications
Ceramic technologies for sustainable development
This symposium invites scientists, engineers, and practitioners from around the world to discuss the latest advances in coating technologies, which can give totally new or markedly improved functions onto materials’ surface in terms of physical, mechanical, thermal, chemical, optical, electrical, electronic, and/or magnetic properties. These functional coatings include thin film technologies, such as PVD, CVD, and sol-gel methods, and thick film technologies, such as thermal spray, cold spray, and aerosol deposition. The goal is to identify current key issues, effective approaches, and future outlook for functional coating technologies and applications through comprehensive discussion.
Proposed session topics:
- Innovative coating technologies for various industrial products (e.g. automobiles, electronic devices, mechanical parts, etc.)
- PVD, CVD, sol-gel technologies, etc.
- Thermal spray, cold spray, aerosol deposition, etc.
- Coatings for new functional applications
- Functionally-graded coatings and materials
- Nanostructured and multifunctional coating
- Interface phenomena, adhesion, and other fundamentals of coatings
- Technical issues and potential solutions of surface related properties and processes in industries
- Characterization of microstructure and properties of coatings
- Next generation production methods for surface engineering
- Jun Akedo, AIST, Japan
- Seiji Kuroda, NIMS, Japan
- Soshu Kirihara, University of Osaka, Japan
- Balu Balachandran, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Armelle Vardelle, University of Limoges, France
- Valentin Craciun, National Institute for Laser, Plasma, and Radiation Physics, Romania
- Kyoung Il Moon, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology, Korea
- Sang Sub Kim, Inha University, Korea
- Minoru Osada, NIMS, Japan