One of the critical goals of this special session is to recognize Jubilee Global Diversity Awardees—exceptional early- to mid-career women and/or underrepresented minorities (based on race, ethnicity, nationality and/or geographic location) in the area of ceramic science and engineering who will be recognized, and invited to present their contributions. In addition, this session will focus on entrepreneurship and commercialization. As a background, entrepreneurship has become an important tool for job creation. More particularly, entrepreneurial process is a highly rewarding process which revolves around freedom of thoughts, originality, risk-taking and recognizing gaps in the market, proactiveness, and competitive aggressiveness.
Proposed session topics
- Jubilee Global Diversity Awardees invited presentation
- Designing a successful start-up, for example, business strategy, and business idea generation
- Assembling a focused team for a successful venture
- Reallocating different resources for the same, for example human resource management
- Promoting problem-solving, and creative and out-of-the-box thinking