President’s Council of Student Advisors (PCSA)
ACerS President’s Council of Student Advisors (PCSA) is the student-led committee of ACerS responsible for representing student interests to ACerS and its subsidiary committees, divisions, sections, and classes. The PCSA is the primary face of ACerS to ceramics and materials science students. The role of the PCSA delegate and representative is to represent their collegiate institution to PCSA, as well as representing the PCSA and ACerS to their Material Advantage Chapter, Keramos Chapter, and academic department.
The mission of PCSA is to engage students as active and long-term leaders in the ceramics community and to increase participation in ACerS at the local, national, and international levels.
- To coordinate student-focused ceramic programming at technical meetings.
- To develop and implement ceramics-focused outreach activities. The PCSA completed the materials science kits in fall 2013. See the link below for more information.
- To facilitate industry-student relations.
- To promote ceramic science and engineering at the university and local levels.
- To provide a way for students and young professionals to become and remain.
actively engaged as leaders in the ceramic materials community.
Meet the 2014-15 PCSA
The 2014 – 15 PCSA consists of 34 students from 24 universities. The PCSA has five committees, made up of 4 – 7 delegates each:
Imperial College London
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Oregon State University
Pennsylvania State University
Texas A&M University
University of Akron
University of Birmingham
UNIBO – University of Bologna
University of California, Davis
University of California, Irvine
University of Central Florida
University of Connecticut
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Michigan
University of North Texas
University of Virginia
University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez
Washington State University
Worcester Polytechnic Institute