Published on April 9th, 2013 | By: Eileen De Guire0
The American Ceramic Society announces 2013 Class of FellowsPublished on April 9th, 2013 | By: Eileen De Guire
The American Ceramic Society is pleased to announce that 18 members will be elevated to Fellow status in 2013. The Fellow designation recognizes ACerS members who have distinguished themselves through outstanding contributions to the ceramic arts or sciences, broad and productive scholarship in ceramic science and technology, conspicuous achievement in ceramic industry, or by outstanding service to the Society.
The 2013 Class of Fellows comes from an international cross-section of leaders in academia, research labs, industry and government. The new Fellows will be recognized at ACerS’ Annual Honors and Awards Banquet on Oct. 28, 2013 in Montréal, Québec Canada. The event is part of the Society’s Annual Meeting, which will be held in conjunction with Materials Science & Technology 2013 Conference and Exposition (MS&T’13).
• Monika Backhaus-Ricoult, Corning Incorporated, Corning, N.Y
• Alida Bellosi, CNR-ISTEC, Faenza, Italy
• Lennart Bergström, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
• Christopher Berndt, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
• Susmita Bose, Washington State University, Pullman, Wash.
• Xiang Ming Chen, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
• Paul Clem, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, N. Mex.
• Bill Hammetter, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, N. Mex.
• Yoshihiko Imanaka, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd., Kawasaki, Japan
• Jacqueline A. Johnson, University of Tennessee Space Institute, Tullahoma, Tenn.
• Yutai Katoh, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
• Allan P. Katz, Air Force Research Laboratory, Dayton, Ohio
• Do Kyung Kim, KAIST (Korea Advanced Inst. of Sci. & Tech.), Daejeon, Republic of Korea
• Martha Mecartney, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, Calif.
• Shashank Priya, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va.
• Jeffry W. Stevenson, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Wash.
• Omer Van der Biest, Leuven University, Leuven, Belgium
• Zhong Lin Wang, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Ga.
Congratulations to the new Fellows!
Back to Previous Page