2014 ACerS-NSF Ceramic Materials Principal Investigator Workshop
ACerS and the National Science Foundation will hold the 2014 ACerS-NSF Ceramic PI Workshop June 17-18, 2014 at the Hyatt House Falls Church in Fairfax, Va. The NSF Ceramic Grantees Workshop is designed for the professional development of Principal Investigators (PIs) and co-PIs that have active NSF grants in the Ceramics Program. The schedule for this year’s workshop can be viewed by clicking on the below Workshop Schedule link. Each participant will provide a 3-minute oral presentation as well as a poster presentation highlighting their research and education activities. Please note that the NIST tour has been canceled.
Each participant is expected to:
- Prepare a one-slide introduction for your colleagues and send it to Greg Geiger by May 28, 2014 using this template. Download an introduction slide example.
- Prepare a poster (3 foot by 3 foot maximum) for display during the workshop
- Complete the online NSF Grant Form.
Introductions will be pre-loaded on Workshop computers. Although presenters only have three minutes for their oral introduction, they will have time to share additional information during the poster session.
Select your membership type below to register online. Nonmembers will be prompted to create a New Visitor Registration. Download the registration form to sign up by phone, fax or mail.
|On or before
May 15, 2014
May 15, 2014
|ACerS Member plus one year membership renewal||$670||$745|
|Nonmember (includes one year ACerS membership)||$670||$745|
Rates include two lunches and breaks.
Registration is limited to the first 55 registrants and is open to PIs, Co-PIs and U.S.-based ceramic faculty members and researchers at non-profit organizations. Contact Greg Geiger if you questions.
|Location & Hotel Information
The NSF Workshop will be held at the Hyatt House Fall Church, 8296 Glass Alley, Fairfax, VA 22031. A hot breakfast buffet is included for guests.
- A special rate of $199 has been negotiated for Workshop attendees
- The Hyatt House Reservation Number is: 888-591-1234
- Online reservations will be accepted through the hotel website. When making reservations, enter G-ACS1 in Corporate or Group code filed.
- Reservations by Workshop attendees must be received on or before May 24, 2014 to guarantee rate and space
- All reservation requests will require a valid major credit card to guarantee the reservation.
If you are a non U.S. resident planning to attend this meeting, please note that the process of obtaining a visa to enter the United States may take several months. If you require an invitation letter in order to obtain a visa, please send an email with your full name, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, place of birth, passport number, passport issue date and passport expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an official invitation from The American Ceramic Society.