Travel assistance offered for Electroceramics Summer School in France
In conjunction with its Electroceramics XV international conference, The European Ceramic Society (ECerS) is hosting an Electroceramics Summer School, June 23 – 25, in Limoges, France.
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) is offering up to $1,500 in travel support to selected students from non-European based universities. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must be members of The American Ceramic Society (Material Advantage members or Global Graduate Researcher Network).
This year’s summer school program will focus on issues and recent advances in process, microstructure, and properties of electroceramics. Topics will include:
• Low temperature synthesis, shaping and innovative technologies (3D printing)
• Microstructure‐properties relationships in heterogeneous ceramics
• Functional ceramics: ferroelectric, piezoelectric, multiferroic
• Industrial issues
Students wishing to apply for ACerS financial assistance are strongly encouraged to first secure support from their home institutions for the experience. To determine ACerS support eligibility, students should submit the following:
1. a completed application
2. a brief letter of recommendation from a faculty member
3. a single-page letter of interest explaining:
• the relevance of summer school to their field of study and career ambitions
• other sources of financial support with amounts
The required application documents can be emailed to Belinda Raines, Outreach Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2016. Visit the program website to register for the event or for additional information on the Electroceramics Summer School.
Summer school attendees are encouraged to also attend ECerS Electroceramics XV which will also be held in Limoges, France, from June 27 – 29, 2016.
Back to Previous Page