The Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation (CGIF) is partnering with MSE Supplies to provide a new ball milling system to a U.S. university with a materials science and engineering program where ceramics, glass, nanomaterials, and other powder processing is part of the education program.
- Compact design, dimensions 500 mm x 300 mm x 340 mm
- Low noise design (15–20 dB) by utilizing a special gear mechanism
- Programmable milling segments, with reversible rotation options
- Designed with a safety compliant view port
Interested faculty members (or department staff members) should submit a written proposal of 1 to 2 pages in which the following questions are answered:
- How will this equipment be used to further ceramic and/or glass science and engineering education at your institution?
- Which research areas at your institution will benefit from using this equipment?
- How many students will benefit from having this equipment?
- Will this equipment be a new item for your lab or will it replace an existing piece of equipment?
The proposal should be submitted to Belinda Raines at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2017. The university selected will be announced in September and the certificate of award for this donation will be officially presented to the recipient during the MS&T2017 Conference, October 8–12, 2017, in Pittsburgh, Pa.