This $1,500 award, established by the late Reldon Cooper, co-founder of Du-Co Ceramics, is awarded to a young professional member of ACerS who demonstrates exceptional leadership and service to ACerS. Visit the Du-Co website to view photos from the announcement event, which was held at MS&T 2012.
The winner will receive an honorarium check in the amount of $1,500, a certificate of recognition and lifetime membership in ACerS.
Criteria for the Award:
- ACerS member under the age of 40 at the application deadline, and in the first 10 years of their career
- Nomination to be made by an active ACerS member with at least one letter of support
- Nominees must submit a resume and biography highlighting educational, professional, and volunteer achievements, particularly emphasizing volunteer service to ACerS and YPN (Young Professionals Network) since this is an important determining factor in selection of the winner.
- Must be a current ACerS member
- Application and materials must be received by January 15th
The winner will be announced in early summer.
Nominations will be considered for a total of 5 years, assuming the candidate still meets the age and years in their career criteria as noted above.
Du-Co Young Professional Award Nomination Form
Contact Erica Zimmerman with any questions: