The Electronics Division invites applications for the Lewis C. Hoffman Scholarship. The purpose of the $2000 tuition award is to encourage academic interest and excellence among undergraduate students in the area of ceramics/materials science and engineering.
The award will be given to a junior or senior student who has acquired a total of at least 80 semester credits or equivalent quarter credits at the time of the application and is still a full-time undergraduate student by the time of the award (October).
The winner will be selected based on:
- Total GPA, Science GPA (to be verified in faculty recommendation letter)
- PSAT/SAT/ACT scores, if available
- Recommendation letter from a faculty member in the department
- Extracurricular activities
- A 500-word essay on this year’s topic: “Reflecting on the last 100 years of Ferroelectricity, predict where the field may be in 50 years”
Complete and return the nomination form below.
Presentation of a plaque and scholarship check will take place during the Electronics Division business meeting in October.
All nominations should be electronically submitted in full no later than June 15th to:
US Naval Research Laboratory
Nominations should also be sent to Erica Zimmerman at email@example.com.