Taiyou Research, via Research and Markets, is offering a €338 (~$450), 110-page report on the market for advanced ceramics in the United States that includes a market profile (e.g., coatings, matrix composites, monolithics, catalyst supports, electronic parts, etc.), market segmentation, industry trends and structure, profiles of the major industry players (including Kyocera, Corning, Murata, NGK Insulators, Pall Corp., Saint-Gobain, CoorsTek and Vishay Intertechnology) and an industry forecast.
Taiyou says, currently, the US industry is worth about $10.5 billion and the company expects it to grow around 4 percent annually, short term. Taiyou makes several predictions:
- Growth in the electronic component market will be based on materials substitution, as ceramics gain use over alternatives;
- The medical product market will grow the fastest, benefiting from the increasing use of ceramics in joint implants and dental procedures;
- The advanced ceramics market has successfully ridden the worst-ever downturn without recording erosions in market value (because of the sheer magnitude of current and potential applications that make advanced ceramics less prone to windfall erosions in market net worth);
- Manufacturers are expected to look beyond the current weakness in market demand, and focus on resources and increase investments in research and development, optimization of ceramic fabrication processes, installation of technologically superior processing and quality control equipment, along with tailoring targeted marketing strategies;
- Technology improvements, especially in the fracture properties of ceramics, and evolution of new high-temperature fibers base ceramic composites, will also offer ample opportunities for growth.