April 15, 2014|P. Carlo Ratto
- The NSG Group will start its ultra-thin glass float line in Vietnam in June, with production slated to begin during the second half of this fiscal year. The new line is situated within the site of NSG’s wholly-owned subsidiary, NSG Vietnam Special Glass.
- Unifrax plans to spend about $116 million to acquire a 29-percent ownership stake in a Chinese company, Shandong Luyang Share Co. Ltd. The transaction is expected to close later this year. Once completed, the Tonawanda, New York-based company will be the largest shareholder in Luyang.
- Owens-Illinois, Inc. hosted an event to highlight and celebrate the company’s €30m investment in its Alloa facility. The investment will enable the plant to better serve the Scotch whisky industry and other drinks businesses.
- Sigma Italy has acquired an investment in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, and has become Sigma Group. Production at the new factory is oriented towards the Eastern Europe, Russia, CIS, Middle East, Asian and African markets.
- Magnesit Anonim Sirketi, a Turkish subsidiary of RHI AG, has acquired a raw material plant and mining rights in Erzurum, Turkey for $30 million (USD). The deal includes a debtor warrant of up to $16 million, which depends on the raw material quantities and qualities.
- According to mining firm Grand Coast Operation, Senegal has become a producer of zircon and ilmenite with the start of mining of the world’s third largest zircon deposits in the western town of Diogo.