February 11, 2012|P. Carlo Ratto
- Joint venture partners Owens-Illinois Inc., Berli Jucker Public Company and Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Company have announced the opening of a glass container manufacturing plant in My Xuan A Industrial Park, Ba Ria Vung Tau province, Vietnam.
- A new venture has been announced between Corning and Samsung, which introduces a new glass substrate technology, called ‘Lotus‘. The glass will form a high-quality substrate for organic light-emitting diode panels, with enhanced dimensional stability even when exposed to the high temperatures required for OLED production.
- As part of the company´s continuing efforts to enhance flexibility and become more customer centric, Owens-Illinois Inc., announced plans to create an integrated supply chain operation and a new technology group that aligns the company´s engineering expertise with its R&D capabilities.
- The board of the NSG Group has approved a program of actions designed to improve the profitability of the company. The measures are intended to protect the business in the short term and also to re-establish profit growth from fiscal year 2013 onwards.
- Workers at the Bennu Glass plant have chiseled away tons hardened glass from the crippled melter of the wine bottle plant here, and a new furnace and 100 employees should be ready to restart the shuttered plant in July, company officials say.
- The A.P. Green firebrick plant announced it would close its doors in Mexico (Missouri) on March 31, putting 80-110 workers out of a job. RHI Refractories, which owned the plant, was in deep debt of $1 billion caused by asbestos lawsuit claims.