The Refractory Ceramics Division extends a general invitation to the Refractory Materials Session at MS&T’11, Wednesday morning, October 19, 2011 in Columbus, Ohio. The session runs from 8:00 – 11:40 a.m. in room C226 at the convention center.
Immediately following the session, RCD will hold its general business meeting in room C226, and all interested parties are invited to attend.
A selection of the papers in the session includes:
- Activated synthesis & sintering of complex spinel bonded basic refractories
- Advantages of calcium hexaluminate in a corrosive environment
- Analysis of drying process for castable refractories
- Fabrication of cost-effective mullite from rice hulls
- Hot blast stoves: Refractory tradition and innovative refractory solutions
- Materials and design of refractory linings for use in O2-enriched sulfur recovery reaction furnaces
- Microstructural characterization of an alumina zirconia silicate refractory material for molten metal application
- Molecular-scale mixing for determination of mullite solid solution limits
- New, higher purity homogenized bauxite and its applications
- Noncontact ultra-high-temperature characterization of UHTC ssing electromagnetic mechanical apparatus
RCD will have a demo table at the Materials Camp on Tuesday and Wednesday in the Expo hall. We will be doing a few demos for high school students attending from local Columbus schools to get them interested in materials science. We’ve done this at past MS&T’s and it’s a fun way to interact with students.
If you are interested in helping out, contact Dana Gosksi [Dana.Goski@alliedmin.com] or Mike Alexander [email@example.com].
Note: MS&T is offering a one-day registration rate of $425 for members and $575 for nonmembers if you register on or before Sept. 23, 2011, which is this Friday so don’t delay! A one-day registration includes access to the Expo floor and other technical sessions on Wednesday.
If you are a Senior or Emeritus member of ACerS, you qualify for a reduced registration rate of $345. This rate is not available through the MS&T site, so you must click on the special form at the bottom of the ACerS Annual Meeting webpage and return the form to Marcia Stout with payment and she will register you. Please do this no later than Sept. 23.
For more information: Marcia (firstname.lastname@example.org; 614-794-5821).
Hope to see you at the RCD session in Columbus next month.