Porous materials are utilized in many applications including, but not limited to, thermal insulation, catalysts, catalyst supports, filters, adsorbers, and sensors. This symposium brings together the technical community to share recent advances in the formation, characterization, properties, and modeling of porous ceramic, carbon, glass, and glass-ceramic components for any application.
These materials contain pore sizes from nanometers to millimeters, can have textured to random porosity or hierarchical porosity, and be based on various pore architectures, such as foams, honeycombs, fiber networks, and bio-inspired structures.
This symposium will be the ideal showcase for research activities of many groups involved in development and use of porous materials including, but not limited to, areas of ceramics, chemistry, mechanics, fluid dynamics, modeling and simulation, and application engineering.
- Innovations in processing methods and synthesis of porous ceramics
- Structure and properties of porous ceramics
- Novel characterization tools of porous structures
- Mechanical behavior of porous ceramics
- Micro-porous and meso-porous ceramics
- Ceramic membranes
- Ceramics with hierarchical porosity
- Engineered porous architectures enabled by additive manufacturing technologies
- Porous ceramics for environmental, energy, biological, and functional applications
- Porous ceramics for water filtration
- Manabu Fukushima, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tobias Fey, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany, email@example.com
- Paolo Colombo, University of Padova, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farid Akhtar, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Samuel Bernard, Institut de Recherche sur les Céramiques de Limoges, France
- Miki Inada, Kyushu University, Japan
- Oleksandr Kravchenko, Old Dominion University, USA
- Yanxia Ann Lu, Corning, USA
- D. Madhusoodana, Ceramic Technological Institute Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., India
- Jian-feng Yang, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China