The India Chapter of The American Ceramic Society serves ACerS members in Khurja, Kanpur, Varanasi, Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ahmedabad, Bombay, Bangalore, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, and Hyderabad for the purpose of promoting the arts and sciences connected with ceramics and glass science and engineering. Events such as workshops, industrial showcases, and seminars are planned to enhance and facilitate the interaction, technical discussions, and potential collaborations between ACerS members in India. These will focus on the development of early career researchers to present their work to our members, provide publicity for job opportunities, and the establishment of networking collaborations.
The India Chapter is headquartered in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Chair: Lalit Kumar Sharma
Secretary: Manoharan Ganapathy
Treasurer: Lakshmi Narayan Satapathy
India Chapter sponsors lecture
Dr. L.K. Sharma, Chair of the India Chapter of ACerS, reports that a lecture on the topic of specialty ceramics took place on September 25, 2018, at CSIR-CGCRI Conference Hall. The speaker was Mr. Guljeet Minhas, Director of Minhas Pottery in Khurja, who spoke about alumina ceramic components for petroleum refineries, textile industries, and the automobile sector, and Zirconia components for non-ferrous foundries. Students and members of industry participated in the lecture as well.
A Student Ceramic Quiz Contest, sponsored by the ACerS India Chapter, will take place on October 5, 2018, for ceramic engineering students. For more information, contact Dr. L.K. Sharma.
India Chapter Hosts Successful Awards Ceremony
Dr. L.K. Sharma, Chair of the India Section, reports that the Joint Lectures and Industrial Exposure Visit with the Western U.P Chapter of the Indian Ceramic Society took place on August 4, 2018, in Historic Pottery Town Khurja. The program was highly successful with a gathering of 88 persons from different parts of the North India.
The program started with the welcome address of Chief Guest Dr. Gopaldutt Sharma, Founder Director of Ayurvedic Medical College, Khurja by Mr. Shakeel Ahmad, Joint Secretary on behalf of ICS-WUP and by Dr. L. K. Sharma, Chairperson on behalf of the India Chapter of ACerS. Dr. Sharma informed the activities of IC-ACS and spoke about the history of The American Ceramic Society. Following awards were given by the Chief Guest.
1. Mr Aijaj Ahmad & Brothers from khurja received Padamshri Dr T. N. Sharma Memorial Award for their contributions to art & culture in Pottery.
2. One Student of B.Sc 2nd year Mr Tribhuvan Jadoun from NREC (P.G) College received Late Mrs Angoori Devi Memorial Award for securing highest marks in batch.
3. One student of 2nd year in Diploma in Ceramic Engineering Mr, S.K. Maurya from Government Polytechnic Firojabad received Late Mrs Angoori Devi Memorial Award for securing highest marks in batch.
4. Mr Sambhu Nath Laha , Managing Director, M/s Natasha Ceramics & Consultancy Services, Kolkata received Late Sardar Pratap Singh memorial Award for his excellent products in Refractory field. Mr Laha delivered a lecture on “ Energy Efficient Refractories for Whiteware Industry”
5. Mr. Rameshwer Mehto , Managing Director , M/s Premier Ceramics ,Khurja received Late Mr. HMS Chattwal memorial award for his best services in Hotel Ware Ceramics.
Our heartiest congratulations to each and everyone. The Chief Guest was presented a memento by Dr. Sharma. The program ended with the thanks lecture by Mr. Tanmay Gupta, Treasurer of ICS-WUP.
3rd Global Ceramic Leadership Roundtable
The India Chapter of ACerS held the 3rd Global Ceramic Leadership Roundtable on February 26 & 27, 2018, in Historic Glass City Firozabad, U.P State, India. The event was organized in honor of Dr. Mrituynjay Singh, past president of ACerS, with 15 invited lecturers from China, Japan, Germany, Singapore, India, and the U.S.
Check back soon for upcoming meetings and events!