Get your creative juices flowing! Compete in the Annual ACerS PCSA Creativity Competition!
Combining both science and art into any one individual's skill set is important because it can help nurture creativity in research and cultivate innovation in the workplace. For this reason, ACerS President's Council of Student Advisors (PCSA) organizes innovative-artistic initiative in the form of a creativity competition for students.
This competition serves to encourage the harmonious coexistence of art and science in the ceramics and glass community. Students who dabble in ceramic and glass-related arts either for their research or just for fun are encouraged to share their talent!
Possible creative entries:
- Stained glass
- 3-D printing: Ceramic or glass
- Artistic painting of a ceramic-related image
- Digital 3-D rendering of a ceramic-related process
- Other ceramic or glass-related forms of art
Each of the awardees will be recognized at the MS&T23 Student Awards Ceremony.
- Scientific Creativity: We are looking for art that creatively conveys effective scientific concepts and/or illustrates a technically difficult characterization or processing technique in a visual form!
- Artistic Creativity: We’re looking for unique ceramics or glass inspired art that is attention grabbing and thought invoking!
- Viewer's Choice: We’ll be showing off your art through PCSA social media! The submission with the most likes will win the Viewer's Choice Award.
The winning art pieces will be recognized during the MS&T23 Conference in Columbus, OH, USA.
Please contact PCSA Programming Committee Delegate, Clark Luckhardt for more information.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO AUGUST 8, 2023.
How to compete
Submit your application with pledge of original work below. You will also be asked to submit a picture of the artwork - or for digital art pieces: submit a short (30 sec.) video of the digital rendering or modeling.