Ceramic Materials Short Courses
Increase your knowledge with ACerS ceramic materials short courses.
Choose your own journey
Are you an engineer, scientist, operations professional, or student looking to increase your materials science knowledge? Our short courses expand on foundational topics and will equip you with the skills required for today’s marketplace.
Continue your education and select one of our current courses in the section below.
Our short courses are typically held in conjunction with a meeting. Below is a list of our available short courses—Check back periodically to view our updated schedule of courses.
- Dispersion and Rheology Control for Improved Ceramic Processing
- Additive Manufacturing of High-Performance Ceramics
- Glass Corrosion
- Nucleation, Growth, and Crystallization in Glasses—Fundamentals and Applications
- Machine Learning for Glass Science and Engineering
- Sintering of Ceramics
This half day short course will provide an intense introduction to the selection of refractories in steel plants including:
- Why do you pick the refractory you do?
- How do you choose?
- Where do you start the selection process?
The answers to these three questions are complex – it is always a balance of competing interests between Operations, Purchasing, and the Suppliers – the refractory selector is at a crossroads to decide which is the correct material for each application.
The course will give key principles and examples that will allow a selector to engage competently in the process of selecting refractories for steel ladles, BOFs, EAFs, etc.
Each participant will receive a copy of Refractory Material Selection for Steelmaking.
Give us your feedback!
- What topics would you be interested in learning about?