Ceramic Materials Short Courses
Increase Your Knowledge with ACerS Ceramic Materials Short Courses.
Choose your own journey
Are you an engineer, scientist, operations professional, or student looking to increase your materials science knowledge? Our short courses expand on foundational topics and will equip you with the skills required for today’s marketplace.
Continue your education by selecting one of our courses below.
This one day course will provide attendees with an introduction into the topic of additive manufacturing (AM) ceramics and learn more about the economical and technical aspects of this new technology.
This course is aimed at those interested in a high level, introduction to the intricate (dynamic and thermodynamic) processes that control crystal nucleation, growth and overall crystallization of glasses.
Held in conjunction with ICACC 2020, this two day course addresses the mechanical properties of ceramics and glasses for elastic properties, strength measurements, fracture parameters, and indentation hardness.
Topics will include
- Stress, Strain and Elastic Properties and their Measurement
- Theoretical Strength, Fracture and Fracture Toughness / R-curves
- Measurement of Strength and Fracture Toughness / R-Curves
- Weibull Statistical Analysis of Strength, Standards, Effective Volume and Surface, Multimodal Analysis
- Flaws and Fractography
- Hardness and Its Measurement
- Thermal Shock
This course is held in conjunction with ICACC 2020 in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- What courses would you be interested in?