An ACerS Online Course
The next live, online course begins on
February 2, 2021
(for registration rates and to register, scroll to the bottom of the page)
A Pre-recorded version of the course is now available
Learn about ceramic manufacturing processes from raw materials to finished product
Instructor: Carl Frahme, Ph.D., FACerS
Ceramic Manufacturing Technology is designed to offer broad, in-depth coverage of all segments of ceramic manufacturing. The course is divided into five modules:
- Module I: Introduction to products, raw materials, and compositions
- Module II: Mainline Manufacturing Technology and Processes
- Module III: Special Manufacturing Technology and Processes
- Module IV: Ceramic Manufacturing Measurement and Control
- Module V: The Ceramic Manufacturing Environment
All topics reflect the most current information and technologies, and will include a bit of historical review.
Who will benefit?
The prime audience for the course is personnel directly involved in manufacturing products in all segment of the industry. This includes:
- Manufacturing managers, supervisors, and foremen
- Quality and process control managers and technicians
- Non-ceramic engineers (chemical, mechanical, industrial, electrical, etc.) involved in ceramic manufacturing
Other audiences include:
- Marketing and sales personnel who want to be well versed on the manufacturing technologies their company and competitors use
- Corporate managers who need to understand the full scope of their manufacturing operations and opportunities for their company
What you'll learn
Ceramic Manufacturing Technology
5 modules, 30 lessons, 30 hours of instruction
This course will not only give you an in-depth knowledge of the processes your company currently uses, but will offer insight into newer, cutting-edge processing technologies that might be useful for improving your processing methods or producing whole new products.
The course is taught live, online, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. ET. The live format allows for questions and answers.
Need to miss a lecture?
All lectures will be recorded, so even if you cannot attend the live lectures, you can still take the course using the recordings. They will be posted after each live lecture and include the very same video and audio content and personalized instructor feedback.
All lessons have assignments designed to make the material presented as relevant to your individual needs as possible.
Looking for training customized to your company? Do you want a course taught privately to your employees? Call Customer Service at 614-890-4700 for details, or contact Kevin Thompson to learn about training benefits for our Corporate Partners.
For other questions about ACerS online courses, email email@example.com.
Carl Frahme, FACerS, owns a consulting firm focusing in three areas: technical and manufacturing consulting, education and training, and expert witness services. He also teaches material science as an adjunct for the University of Kansas. Frahme has more than 50 years of technical and educational experience and services.
Frahme holds a Ph.D. in ceramic sciences and engineering from Rutgers University.
Each online course consists of 15 two-hour lectures scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. ET.
Register for the upcoming class below.
- February 2 - March 18
Registration rates (per person)
|Early bird rate (through Jan. 18, 2021)||Regular rate (after Jan. 18, 2021)|
* Employees of ACerS Corporate Partners receive the discounted Individual Member rate. Sapphire Corporate Partners receive an additional 20% discount; Diamond Corporate Partners receive an additional 30% discount. Please contact Customer Service or 614-890-4700 to register employees at the discounted Corporate Partner rates.