An ACerS online course
Learn the techniques of creating, analyzing, and manufacturing glazes for production ceramics
Instructor: Robert Ferraraccio
This live, online course begins on June 8, 2021 and will cover the process of manufacturing glazes for ceramics, from raw materials to testing procedures, glaze production to defect analysis. This is a six-week course consisting of 12 classes that meet twice a week.
What you will learn
The course covers:
- Oxides and raw materials used in ceramic glazes
- Glaze base development
- Color development
- Laboratory testing procedures
- Glaze production and batch approval procedures
- Application and firing of glazed ceramics
- Defect analysis and avoidance
All topics will aid in the design and production of glazes that will help with the increase of production yields and reductions of time, cost, and waste.
Who will benefit?
The audience for the course is personnel directly involved in manufacturing products in all segments of the glazed ceramic product industry. This includes:
- Manufacturing managers, supervisors, and foremen
- Quality and process control managers and technicians
- Production potters or anyone who has a need to make glazes to match a predetermined quality standard
- Non-ceramic engineers (chemical, mechanical, industrial, electrical, etc.) involved in ceramic manufacturing
Other audiences include:
- Marketing and sales personnel who want to be well versed on the manufacturing technologies of their company and competitors
- Product designers looking to understand the practical and physical limits of glazed ceramic manufacture
- Corporate managers who need to understand the full scope of their manufacturing operations and opportunities for their company
Need to miss a lecture?
All lectures will be recorded, so even if you cannot attend the live lectures, you can still take the course using the recordings. They will be posted after each live lecture and include the very same video and audio content and personalized instructor feedback.
Looking for training customized to your company? Do you want a course taught privately to your employees? Call Customer Service at 614-890-4700 for details, or contact Kevin Thompson to learn about training benefits for our Corporate Partners.
For other questions about ACerS online courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Ferraraccio is a ceramic engineering contractor and consultant based in California. He has over 20 years of experience in the design, manufacture, and analysis of ceramic glazes.
Robert has worked with clients in various glazed ceramic product good categories in the U.S.A. and abroad. He continues to "get dirty" on the production floor and educates his clients in best practices of making, applying, and firing glazes.
Robert holds an MBA from Clemson University and a B.S. in ceramic engineering with a minor in art history from The Ohio State University.
12 hours of instruction: Tuesdays and Thursdays from Noon to 1 p.m. for six weeks.
The course is taught live, online, June 8 through July 15.
The live format allows for questions and answers.
Registration rates (per person)
|Early bird rate (on or before May 14)||Regular rate (after May 14)|
*Employees of ACerS Corporate Partners receive the discounted Individual Member rate. Sapphire Corporate Partners receive an additional 20% discount; Diamond Corporate Partners receive an additional 30% discount. Please contact Customer Service or 614-890-4700 to register employees at the discounted Corporate Partner rates.