REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Winter Workshop 2020: January 24 – January 28, 2020
Winter Workshop 2020 will be held in conjunction with the 44th International Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites (ICACC) at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA, January 24 – 28, 2020. Eligible attendees are undergrad and graduate students. Both PhD students and post-docs are eligible as well, but priority will be given to PhD students.
Winter Workshop will begin on Friday evening* with a Welcome Social Hour, dinner, and introductory activity. Saturday morning will be filled with special presentations by noted scientists in the fields of advanced ceramics and composites. A professional development workshop will take place in the afternoon and will be followed by a social hour and dinner. A tour of Kennedy Space Center is scheduled for Sunday, January 26 prior to the opening reception for the 44th ICACC on Sunday evening.
Winter Workshop participants are able to attend all events of ICACC, which showcases cutting-edge research and product developments in all aspects of ceramics. The technical program and Industry Expo provides an open forum for scientists, researchers, engineers, students, and industry leaders from around the world to present and exchange findings on recent advances in ceramic science and technology.
Among the speakers for Winter Workshop 2020 are:
- Dr. William Fahrenholtz of Missouri University of Science and Technology, on “Ultra-high Temperature Ceramics for Extreme Environments”
- Dr. Jared Weaver of GE Global Research, on the topic of “Current CMC/EBC Development at GE”
- Dr. Giorgia Franchin of the University of Padua in Italy, will present, “Additive Manufacturing of Ceramics: Strategies, Technologies, and Applications”
- Dr. Geoff Brennecka of Colorado School of Mines, on the topic “Fund Yourself! Strategies for Proposal Writing for Graduate Fellowships and Beyond”
- Dr. Romain Gaume of the College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, on “A Tutorial on Lasers and Scintillators”
- and more to be announced soon!
The registration fee of $625 USD will cover 5 nights (January 24, 25, 26, 27, 28) at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort (shared housing), Winter Workshop, Kennedy Space Center Tour, and all activities of ICACC (through January 31)! If you have a traveling companion who is not attending Winter Workshop, he or she can register for the Kennedy Space Center Tour separately.
Registration for Winter Workshop/ICACC is closed.
*Winter Workshop activities will begin at 5:00 p.m., EST, on Friday, January 24 — Please plan your airline flights accordingly.
Click here to read about last year’s Winter Workshop 2019.
For questions, contact Belinda Raines at email@example.com.
Photo courtesy of Daytona Beach Area CVB