International Journal of Ceramic Engineering & Science is ACerS peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal covering all aspects of research, development, processing, manufacturing, and use of ceramic and related materials, assemblies, and systems. Now indexed on the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
IJCES is the official Journal from the American Ceramic Society to publish conference papers. As Conference Proceedings have been phased out by ACerS, IJCES has replaced with benefits of fully indexed papers for higher impact to the authorship.
Among the conferences served by IJCES are MS&T, ICCACC, MCARE, and UNITECR.
Mention UNITECR 2021 in the cover letter and in the "special issue" submission question.
Early deadline October 1, 2021; Final deadline November, 2021 to receive APC waiver.
Please feel free to submit now for early publication!
Reading journal content
- As a Gold Open Access Journal, all articles are immediately and freely available according to the creative commons CC-BY license
Writing journal articles
- The ACerS journal editors have adopted a single-document policy for initial manuscript submissions. Fully formatted files are required upon acceptance of the manuscripts. Select the Author Instructions link for complete information.
- ACerS maintains the highest level of publication ethics. We accept only original work that properly attributes others’ work, be it from co-authors or prior art.
- Prior to submitting your work to IJCES, you should review the aims and scopes to make certain your work meets our high standards for acceptance and publication
Reusing content and other concerns
- Reusing content from the ACerS journals may require you to get permission to reproduce. Our publishing partner, Wiley, manages this relatively simple process and the button on the sidebar provides instructions for requesting permissions.
- Minor concerns about article content such as requesting a correction to your own work or that of others should be addressed to the authors or the journal’s editors-in-chief. If a public comment or correction are warranted, you can submit these through the manuscript submission process, see below.
- Major concerns/potential plagiarism. ACerS takes all questions of plagiarism very seriously and the process for addressing these is on the Publication Ethics page.
Submitting Manuscripts or Becoming a Referee/Reviewer
Manuscripts are submitted electronically through ScholarOne/Manuscript Central. Once you have decided that IJCES is the right journal for your work, and you have written you manuscript according to the aims and scopes and author instructions, submit via the "Submit Manuscript or Become a Reviewer" button.
Reviewing manuscripts is an excellent way to improve your own writing skills and scholarly reputation. Your author account is also your referee/reviewer account for the ACerS journal family.
Click "Submit Manuscript or Become a Reviewer" to create or revise your account. Make sure your keywords are up-to-date to be invited to review manuscripts within your expertise. Make sure your ORCID number is listed in your account to receive credit for your articles and reviews.