International Journal of Ceramic Engineering & Science is ACerS peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal covering all aspects of research, development, processing, manufacturing, and use of ceramic and related materials, assemblies, and systems. Now indexed on Scopus and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
Learn more about IJCES and the benefits of open access in this AZO Materials interview with editor-in-chief Ricardo Castro.
IJCES is the official journal from The American Ceramic Society to publish conference papers. As Conference Proceedings have been phased out by ACerS, IJCES has replaced with benefits of fully indexed papers for higher impact to the authorship.
Among the conferences served by IJCES are MS&T, ICACC, MCARE, and UNITECR.
NEW Publish your presentations from Alkali Activated Materials and Geopolymers: Sustainable Construction Materials and Ceramics Made Under Ambient Conditions in IJCES. The conference is being held May 28 - June 2, 2023 in Calabria, Italy.
Submit your manuscript to https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijces.Submission deadline August 1, 2023 Please feel free to submit sooner for early publication!
Mention "Alkali Activated Materials and Geopolymers" in the cover letter and in the "special issue" submission question.
Article processing/publication charges not paid by agreements with Wiley will be discounted 20%. A small number of waivers are available for those without funding.
Reading journal content
- As a Gold Open Access Journal, all articles are immediately and freely available according to the creative commons CC-BY license
Writing journal articles
- The ACerS journal editors have adopted a single-document policy for initial manuscript submissions. Fully formatted files are required upon acceptance of the manuscripts. Select the Author Instructions link for complete information.
- ACerS maintains the highest level of publication ethics. We accept only original work that properly attributes others’ work, be it from co-authors or prior art.
- Prior to submitting your work to IJCES, you should review the aims and scopes to make certain your work meets our high standards for acceptance and publication
Reusing content and other concerns
- Reusing content from the ACerS journals may require you to get permission to reproduce. Our publishing partner, Wiley, manages this relatively simple process and the button on the sidebar provides instructions for requesting permissions.
- Minor concerns about article content such as requesting a correction to your own work or that of others should be addressed to the authors or the journal’s editors-in-chief. If a public comment or correction are warranted, you can submit these through the manuscript submission process, see below.
- Major concerns/potential plagiarism. ACerS takes all questions of plagiarism very seriously and the process for addressing these is on the Publication Ethics page.
Submitting Manuscripts or Becoming a Referee/Reviewer
Summary - Establish accounts on these services and associate your articles and reviews with them to begin your journey as a JACerS author and reviewer
Authoring and reviewing manuscripts are important for your scholarly career. We highly recommend beginning this journey by establishing your digital publishing footprint (persistent identifiers). ACerS, Wiley, and most publishers and organizations supporting scholarly publishing use persistent identifiers to connect your work (authoring and reviewing articles) to you. This is particularly important where your name is similar (or identical) to another author.
The first step is having an ORCID persistent personal identifier. Click the ORCID account button to create or update your personal account. As you establish and maintain your other publishing accounts, make sure to add your ORCID to those accounts. If you have already authored or co-authored articles, you can and should add those articles to your ORCID account.
The ACerS journals encourage you to maintain a record of your reviews on the Web of Science (WoS) Reviewer Recognition Service. Our manuscript review management software uses this service to provide a list of highly qualified referees to our editors. Click on Web of Science signup to establish or update your account with Clarivate (the owner of WoS). Associating your ORCID with this account enables WoS to include your articles in their database of your expertise. As with your ORCID, we highly recommend associating your reviews with this account. Prior reviews can be added manually and future reviews for ACerS journals can be recorded automatically during your review.
The IJCES manuscript submission and review processes are managed through ScholarOne/Manuscript Central. Having a complete profile on the IJCES ScholarOne site helps our editors see where you have already contributed to our journals, which enhances your prospects as a reviewer. Click the "Submit or review manuscript" button to create or revise your JACerS ScholarOne account. Add your ORCID and use the most important keywords to describe your expertise.