For more than 100 years, JACerS has published papers of enduring value and relevance to the science of ceramics and glasses or composites based on those materials.
Reading journal content
- ACerS members have free access to all articles published in the ACerS journals. Go to the Wiley Gateway to get started.
- Nonmembers can access journal content via a number of paid routes. Select the “Access Articles” link for more information
Writing journal articles
- The ACerS journal editors have adopted a single-document policy for initial manuscript submissions. Fully formatted files are required upon acceptance of the manuscripts. Select the “Author Instructions” link for complete instructions
- ACerS maintains the highest level of publication ethics. We accept only original work that properly attributes others’ work, be it from co-authors or prior art.
- Prior to submitting your work to JACerS, you should review the aims and scopes to make certain your work meets our high standards for acceptance and publication
Reusing content and other concerns
- Reusing content from the ACerS journals may require you to get permission to reproduce. Our publishing partner, Wiley, manages this relatively simple process and the button on the sidebar provides instructions for requesting permissions.
- Minor concerns about article content such as requesting a correction to your own work or that of others should be addressed to the authors or the journal’s editor-in-chief. If a public comment or correction are warranted, you can submit these through the manuscript submission process.
- Major concerns/potential plagiarism. ACerS takes all questions of plagiarism very seriously and the process for addressing these is on the Publication Ethics page.
Submitting Manuscripts or Becoming a Referee/Reviewer
Manuscripts are submitted electronically through ScholarOne/Manuscript Central. Once you have decided that JACerS is the right journal for your work, and you have written you manuscript according to the aims and scopes and author instructions, click the "Submit Manuscript or Become a Reviewer" button to begin the submission process.
Reviewing manuscripts is an excellent way to improve your own writing skills and scholarly reputation. Your author account is also your referee/reviewer account for the ACerS journal family.
Click the "Submit Manuscript or Become a Reviewer" button to create or revise your account. Make sure your keywords are up-to-date to be invited to review manuscripts within your expertise. Include your ORCID number is listed in your account to receive credit for your articles and reviews.