Welcome, please login:
[Login]   |  [Join]  |  [Renew]   |   [Contact Us]


September 3rd, 2009

Ceramics industry in Bangladesh experiencing high demand

Published on September 3rd, 2009 | By: pwray@ceramics.org

According to market researcher Syed Rashid Ali, the domestic and export demand for ceramic tableware in Bangladesh is rising rapidly, resulting in a widening the gap between its demand and supply. He cites a Prime Bank Ltd. study showing the that the demand-supply gap of 21,257 metric tons in fiscal 2007-08 will rise to 22,544 tons in four years.

Bangladesh comparative advantage in manufacturing ceramic tableware is because of its ready access to fuel (gas) and a plentiful, experienced workforce. As result, the nation has been gaining ground on traditional tableware suppliers, such as Japan, UK, Germany and Italy.

“Bangladesh exported ceramic tableware worth over $33 million in fiscal 2008-09, of which over 80 percent was destined to Italy, UK, USA, Germany, France, Canada and Sweden,” says Ali.

According to the bank research,”There are nine ceramic tableware manufacturing companies in the country with a total capacity of nearly 24,000 tons a year as of 2008, of which an average of 48 percent is being exported and the remaining 52 percent is used in the domestic market,” reports Ali.

He notes that besides growing export levels, domestic demand is a major factor, with ceramic tableware becoming a common household item in Bangladesh with a continuous rise in use among middle income groups.


Back to Previous Page
« « Previous Post     |    Next Post » »


Tags:
,




One Response to Ceramics industry in Bangladesh experiencing high demand

  1. East-End Traders says:

    Respected Sir,

    We are glad to inform you that we are one of the reputed supplier of China Clay, Quartz, Quartzite, Silica Sand, Quartz Powder, Pairo and feldspar in India and also export the same to Bangladesh. We do supply to some reputed companies in India. We are looking forward to do business with you. We can assure you quality product from our side. So we kindly request you to reply this email if you are willing to do business with us.

    Please revert back if any queries.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Abu Salim
    EAST-END TRADERS
    30/9, JHAWTALA ROAD (FAZLUL HAQUE SARANI),
    KOLKATA -700017 (INDIA)
    Mob: 0091 9062934504 / 9903321457

Leave a Reply

Back to Top ↑