[Image above] Past ACerS president Mike Alexander (2018–2019) presents the 2018 Class of Fellows with plaques at MS&T18 in Columbus, Ohio.
WESTERVILLE, Ohio, June 17, 2019—The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) will elevate 20 members to Fellow Status this year. The Fellow designation recognizes ACerS members who have distinguished themselves through outstanding contributions to the ceramic arts or sciences, broad and productive scholarship in ceramic science and technology, conspicuous achievement in ceramic industry, or by outstanding service to the Society.
The awards will be presented at the Society’s Annual Honor and Awards banquet, September 30, 2019, in Portland, Ore., during the ACerS Annual Meeting held at the Materials Science and Technology Conference.
“Congratulations to the 2019 class of Fellows,” ACerS president Sylvia Johnson says. “Every year the Society honors exceptional members who have pursued the advancement of ceramic and glass science and have made outstanding contributions to their profession.”
“This year’s Fellows set the bar to which our members can aspire,” she adds. “Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Society and your profession.”
Plan to attend ACerS Annual Meeting and the Honor and Awards Banquet at MS&T19, September 30, in Portland, Ore., to watch all award recipients receive their awards.
The 2019 Class of Fellows include:
- Palani Balaya, National University of Singapore
- Takaaki Tsurumi, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Charles A. Lewinsohn, CoorsTek
- Rodney Trice, Purdue University
- Kristen Brosnan, GE Research
- John L. Provis, University of Sheffield
- Josef Matyáš, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Tanguy Rouxel, University of Rennes 1
- Gary Childress, Edward Orton Jr. Ceramic Foundation (retired)
- Yoon-Bong Hahn, Chonbuk National University
- Xingbo Liu, West Virginia University
- Shujun Zhang, University of Wollongong
- Pelagia-Irene (Perena) Gouma, The Ohio State University
- William L. Headrick, Jr., Missouri Refractories
- Sossina Haile, Northwestern University
- Jingyang Wang, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Jianrong Qiu, Zhejiang University
- Bikramjit Basu, Indian Institute of Science
- Nobuhito Imanaka, Osaka University
- Ricardo Castro, University of California, Davis
Eileen De Guire
- The American Ceramic Society
Update 6/17/2019 – The 2019 Class of Fellows includes 20 members, not 19