The Young Professional Network (YPN) is designed for ACerS members who have completed their terminal degree or are 25 years of age and up to 40 years of age.
Expand your circle through ACerS Young Professionals Network (YPN)
The American Ceramic Society’s Young Professionals Network (YPN) aims to:
- Attract and retain young professionals as members of The American Ceramic Society
- Connect young professionals with opportunities to actively contribute and take on leadership roles in the Society
- Create a technical and social network amongst young professionals within the Society
- Provide opportunities for professional development training of relevance to young professionals
- Facilitate networking between YPN members and senior leaders in the ceramics and glass communities
Join us for the ACerS YPN Coffee
Mark your calendars and register for the ACerS YPN Coffee. Join us on Friday, June 18, 2021 at 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern to gather with your fellow ACerS YPN members to chat and socialize!
This gathering will be open to both ACerS YPN members and non-members, so be sure to invite your colleagues and friends!
Register below so that we may send you the connection details. We look forward to seeing you there!
Young Professionals Network (YPN) Opportunities
Join the growing YPN community
If you have completed your terminal degree and/or are between the ages of 25-40, you are encouraged to join the ACerS Young Professionals Network (YPN).
You may join this growing community by logging in to your ACerS Personal Snapshot and marking "Young Professionals Network (YPN)" under the Interest Groups and Communities tab.
Young Professional Awards
Apply for one or more of the following awards that are specifically geared towards young professionals! Gain visibility and recognition while building your CV with ACerS.
- Du-Co Ceramics Young Professional Award
- Karl Schwartzwalder - Professional Achievement in Ceramic Engineering (PACE) Award
- Morgan Medal and Global Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Robert L. Coble Award for Young Scholars
- Global Young Investigator Award - offered by ACerS Engineering Ceramics Division (ECD)
- Jubilee Global Diversity Award - offered by ACerS Engineering Ceramics Division (ECD)
- Bioceramics Young Scholar Award - offered by ACerS Bioceramics Division
- Global Young Bioceramicist Award - offered by ACerS Bioceramics Division
ACerS offers even more awards! While the above apply specifically to young professionals, chances are that you may qualify for additional awards. View the entire list of awards to see which apply to you.
“The connections that I’ve made through The American Ceramic Society have been invaluable. I highly encourage anyone to get involved with the Society.”
Geoff Brennecka, Colorado School of Mines
2020-2021 Young Professionals Network (YPN) Leadership
2019-2021 YPN Co-Chair
Kathryn Goetschius, Guardian Industries
2020-2022 YPN Co-Chair
Yuxuan Gong, Owens Corning
YPN STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Mark Losego, Georgia Tech
James LeBeau, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Charmayne Lonergan, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
David Poerschke, University of Minnesota
Parthasarathi Chakraborti, Intel Corporation
Rafael Jaramillo, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Become an Individual or Associate Member
If you are a recent graduate, ACerS can help you succeed by offering you a FREE Associate Membership.
By becoming an ACerS Individual or Associate Member, you’ll have access to valuable resources that will benefit you now and throughout your career.