Chair: Derek Dixon, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Treasurer: Jarrod Crum, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Secretary: Steven Luksic, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Counselor: Josef Matyas, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
If you would like to contact any of the Eastern Washington officers, visit the ACerS online membership directory for contact details. You must be a member to access the directory. Or contact Karen McCurdy at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Eastern Washington Section presents "Why is now a good time to be a student" webinar
June 1, 2022, 11 a.m. PST
Join the ACerS Eastern Washington Section, in collaboration with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and Washington State University, for a student webinar, “Why is Now a Good Time to Be a Student?”
This free 90 minute webinar will include 15 minute presentations from:
- Yolanda Natividad, Member Engagement Manager and ACerS Staff liaison
- Dr. Josef Matyáš , Materials Scientist, PNNL and ACerS Fellow
- Dr. John S. McCloy, professor, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Washington State University.
- Marisela Linares-Mendoza, Science and Engineering Education Consultant, Office of STEM Education, PNNL.
- Dr. José Marcial, scientist Radiological Materials group, PNNL
The webinar will offer students an overview of opportunities available. These five presenters will share their experience and discuss several comprehensive, career-building undergraduate and graduate internship opportunities. For more information including detailed presenter biographies, visit this link.
Additionally, the Eastern Washington Section will award 20 complimentary Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN) memberships to the first 20 graduate or doctoral students who register.
To register for this free opportunity, please visit this link.