Chair: Derek Dixon, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Treasurer: Tami Clare, Portland State University
Secretary: Steven Luksic, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Counselor: Josef Matyas, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
If you would like to contact any of the Eastern Washington officers, visit the ACerS online membership directory for contact details. You must be a member to access the directory. Or contact Marilyn Stoltz at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
"Why is now a good time to be a student" webinar
The ACerS Eastern Washington Section, in collaboration with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and Washington State University, hosted a student webinar, “Why is Now a Good Time to Be a Student?” on June 1, 2022.
This free 90 minute webinar included 15 minute presentations from:
- Yolanda Natividad, Member Engagement Manager and ACerS Staff liaison
- Dr. Josef Matyáš , Materials Scientist, PNNL and ACerS Fellow
- Dr. John S. McCloy, professor, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Washington State University.
- Marisela Linares-Mendoza, Science and Engineering Education Consultant, Office of STEM Education, PNNL.
- Dr. José Marcial, scientist Radiological Materials group, PNNL
The webinar offered students an overview of opportunities available. These five presenters shared their experience and discussed several comprehensive, career-building undergraduate and graduate internship opportunities. The presentation can be viewed at this link.
Additionally, the Eastern Washington Section awarded complimentary Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN) memberships to any graduate or PhD students who registered.