Nominations for the ACerS 2017 Class of Fellows should be submitted by September 1, 2016 for award presentation at MS&T 2017. Fellows should be “persons of good reputation who have reached their 35th birthday and who have been members of the Society for at least the past five years continuously at the established nomination deadline date. They shall prove qualified for elevation to the grade of Fellow by reason of outstanding contributions to the ceramic arts or sciences; through broad and productive scholarship in ceramic science and technology, by conspicuous achievement in ceramic industry or by outstanding service to the Society.”
Helpful hints for preparing a Fellows nomination:
– The nominee, as well as all seven of the required sponsors, must be active members of ACerS.
– There is a length restriction of 3 pages for Fellows nominations and it is strictly enforced. Longer nominations will be returned to the lead sponsor. No exceptions.
– If you are not sure if someone has already been elevated to Fellow, review the recipient list.
– If you think someone might already have an active nomination but are not sure, Marcia Stout can check the nominee list for you.
– Letters of support cannot be longer than 1 page or they will be returned. There is no limit on the number of support letters that can be submitted by members or non-members.
– Faxed, scanned, photocopied, and electronic signatures are all acceptable in lieu of an original signature. Signatures do not need to be on one form, but may instead be sent on individual forms.
-A nomination may be considered by no more than four consecutive Panels of Fellows. The nominee must remain an active member throughout this time.
– If someone has an active nomination and if the nominee has had additional accomplishments since the time the nomination was first submitted, sponsors may send an update for consideration. The update must meet the length restrictions.
Contact Marcia Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Fellows nomination process. Remember, the deadline of September 1 is firm and late nominations or letters of support are not accepted and will be held until the following year. Visit ceramics.org/awards to review the general criteria for nomination and to download the nomination form.